January 13, 2011

Letter to God

Dear God,


Your much more than a teacher figure, your someone that has always been there for me, at times not even knowing it was you. You are one of the only people that has truly seen me at my worst, and still You love me. With You I never have to act like someone else, You know me better than I do, and I know I will always be loved. I might disappoint, but with You I am always forgiven. In John 3:16, it’s said that You sacrificed your only son, for my sins. That alone leaves me humble, knowing You understand that we are not perfect beings, but to sacrifice your son for us? Your much more than a teacher figure, you’re a protector, lover and fighter.

You were my light in that dark tunnel I found myself stuck in, not too long ago. I remember talking to You from an early age, but I guess at times I felt I was talking more to myself then You. It wasn’t until the summer of my junior year of high school that I truly knew You. That summer I was in such bad shape emotionally I often felt like giving up. Sadly the only reason I didn’t do anything stupid was my fear of pain. So instead I threw myself in to You and the church. I think that was the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. I will never forget the day that I finally realized if I wanted my life to change, I had to stop living for me, and live for You. I remember sitting on my bed, tears gliding down my face, wondering how did my life get so out of hand. The radio was on when the radio host said “And now for the number one hit song by Rush of Fools, this is Undo.” I slowly started to listen to the lyrics, but this part is what really caught me;

Undo what I've become

Bring me back to the place

Of forgiveness and grace

I need You, need Your help

I can't do this myself

You’re the only one who can undo

What I've become

This was the moment when I realized that it was through You that I can wipe away the old and start anew. I knew then I did have support from others who loved me, and with them by my side, I found I can make it through. Later that summer I was baptized, and it was because of You. I finally understood everything You were trying to tell me. I know I am no Jesus, but maybe I don’t have to be. And for that alone I thank you. My teacher figure, father, friend, protector and God.

Your Daughter

1 comment:

  1. Katie, Im so proud of you.You are a true Christian. Once you are Baptized no one but you can cause it to fail. You will be tested many times during the day and you must understand what cause the light to change when you are in a hurry, why did you smash your finger, look at all of this as a test and how did you react to the situation. Did you say a bad word or did you chuckle and say not this time Jesus I love you. But if you did say or even thought a bad word, He knows your heart and He knows your thoughts. Read JOB again ,he had it all then all was taken away even his own children, He never blame GOD and was always praising GOD,even though the devil was trying him all the time.
    We are humans, we cannot know GODs plan for us but if we continue to trust and Obey and live the best we can and when we fail ask for forgiveness GOD knows our hearts and that is his promise. If we continue to love him, praise him and past most of the test he gives us and when we dont we ask for forgiveness. Then the Bible says he will say to us WELCOME IN.
    As i age and get closer to that time it intrigues me even more.
    as the saying goes, I'M READY BUT JUST DONT BE IN A HURRY O.K. JESUS
    LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND SO VERY PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS MY GRANDDAUGHTER
    G-PA

    ReplyDelete