April 28, 2011

The Sister

Cory (asleep), Me, and cousin Bobbie
I have a sister. Cory. I know, it’s spelled like the boy version.

I tried to talk my parents into naming her Ariel, from the Little Mermaid, but they wouldn’t do it. The lack of red hair did not change the fact I continued to call her Ariel for several months after she was born was beside the point.

She is two years and nine months younger than I am, making me the all knowing and powerful older sister.

She's something. I don't think "special" or "wonderful," is the right word for her. More like a pain in my butt.

Dad, Me, and Cory on a flight back to AZ
We argue constantly, over anything and everything. Sometimes, more than most, I feel like I want to strangle her, but at the same point hold her close and tell her I love her.

Sure we have our bad days. Ok, we have a lot of bad days. But we do have some really great memories. The fonder ones are of course of me bossing her around.

I wish I had a scanner around to show you some of the pictures from the “good ol’ days.” But because I do not, I shall shower you with more recent pictures.


May 2010

Cory and I when she was a baby

Senior year Homecoming dance

December 2011

Cory's 18th birthday gift: Hot Air Balloon ride
 



         Just Sisters.....











"I'm smiling because your my sister, I'm laughing because there is nothing you can do about it! :)"


No comments:

Post a Comment